I’ve just been scammed, what do I do?

1) Contact your bank immediately and follow any instructions they give you.

They will probably ask you to fill out a dispute resolution form, which will ask for details including:

a) Disputed transactions

b) Dispute type

c) Total sum under dispute

d) Some personal details

2) File a report with the police.

Filing a police report is an essential first step.

Filing a Police report from Poland

The police in Poland have a legal obligation to:

a) Take your statement, which will be translated into Polish by an official police provided translator.

b) Notify you of any outcomes by post, in your own language, provided you have an address in Poland. It is possible to use our address if you do not have a Polish address.

Our address is:

Moniuszki 18/1 31-523 Cracow, Poland

Filing a police report from outside of Poland

If you are a citizen of the UK you should contact Action Fraud.

Instructions on how to file a police report in Poland from abroad are being developed.

3) Obtain a drug test if possible.

Obtaining a drug test within 6-12 hours of the fraud

You may have been drugged. If you were drugged in the previous 6 to 12 hours, it is possible to be drug tested using blood or urine sampling, and the Polish police will theoretically provide this testing.

Obtaining a drug test a week or more after the fraud

Delayed testing can be carried out through hair sampling, but this is more difficult and more expensive than blood or urine sampling. We are still working on the best contacts and procedures for hair sampling. If you have recently been scammed, it’s not a great idea to immediately go and get a haircut.

4) Fill out this form to register with us.

As a basic first step, we will attempt to ensure that your police report is linked to all other police reports of related cases. This will make your report much harder for the police to ignore.

Details of further planned action will be shared with those that fill out the form.